Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Get Hold Of Genuine Ford Parts?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
paramaniac
My 2009 Focus is due a service in a month's time. I am having it serviced by a non-Ford garage but have to use genuine Ford parts to keep the car within the warrany. I have found a service kit online which includes:
.Oil Filter
.Air Filter
.Pollen Filter
.Spark Plugs
.Sump Plug & Washer

But is missing a fuel filter. Does anyone know where I can find a genuine Ford fuel filter (and other parts) for a petrol 2009 Duratec HE 1.8 PFI (125/130PS) engine?
btmaldon
I thought to keep the Ford Warranty you could use an independant provided that they were cerified by Ford. In which case they would use Ford Parts. I may be wrong on that, but I know my local Garage has the Ford license/certificate to allow this.
cuke
[quote name='paramaniac' timestamp='1324635430' post='157781']
My 2009 Focus is due a service in a month's time. I am having it serviced by a non-Ford garage but have to use genuine Ford parts to keep the car within the warrany. I have found a service kit online which includes:
.Oil Filter
.Air Filter
.Pollen Filter
.Spark Plugs
.Sump Plug & Washer

But is missing a fuel filter. Does anyone know where I can find a genuine Ford fuel filter (and other parts) for a petrol 2009 Duratec HE 1.8 PFI (125/130PS) engine?
[/quote]

Hi, here any use http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/category/Maintenance/Ford_Parts/Fuel_Filters/Ford_Focus,b.html
Chris
reprised
[quote name='paramaniac' timestamp='1324635430' post='157781']
.Oil Filter
.Air Filter
.Pollen Filter
.Spark Plugs
.Sump Plug & Washer

[/quote]

Hi,

I don't think it is part of the service schedule, at least it isn't on my 1.6 Focus, suppose it won't hurt changing it though. Does anyone know if they do need changing regularly like on older cars or leave them as they are - it's not even mentioned in the petrol Haynes manual.
paramaniac
[b]btmaldon[/b] My service portfolio says that you can use an independent garage for servicing so long as they go by the Ford service schedule and use Ford parts. It goes on to say you should keep invoices as proof of use of Ford parts etc. It doesn't say anything about independent garages that are certified by Ford, so not sure.

[b]cuke[/b] Thanks for the link but I think those filters are for the MK1 (1998-2005) model?

[b]reprised[/b] I think they are supposed to be changed fairly regularly due to low quality fuels (such as the stuff sold at supermarket forecourts) having plenty of crap in which can clog filters up.
paramaniac
Oops posted twice!
reprised
Checkout the eBay seller: keimoman. I've bought a few parts from them for my Focus, cheaper than my dealer and they are genuine Ford parts. Just give your registration and they can check the correct parts for your focus. There is another seller on ebay, can't remember the username, who are Ford's online parts supplier, they are also quite competitive too.
stef123
as far as i know its ok for any vat registered garage to carry out the work providing they use ford parts.
johnH
petrols tend to have a filter in the fuel tank that never needs replacing...its more of a diesel thing, which in diesels is recommended to be replaced every 37.5k miles (i do mine every service)

from what i can remember there is no way to tell the make of the filter, such as manufacturers name, its on the box that you chuck away...

oh and as for warranty, you can use any VAT registered garage and it doesnt have to be ford genuine parts, just as i say VAT registered and your book stamped up...well then again that is peugeots way of things (im on another forum), ford may be different.
MattyS
Whenever I've needed genuine Ford parts I've got them on eBay and occasionally from my local Ford dealer, although this is more of a rip-off. <_<
jeebowhite
Stef123, I believe you are right, its any genuine registered company (AKA VAT Registered) who can sign their name on the bottom line and certify they used Ford Parts, if you have an invoice confirming it, then you will be covered. Its the old Cliche of "I must get my Ford serviced by Ford and Ford only" its not true, as long as you have evidence to say that the Ford Schedule was followed and the Ford parts where used you should be ok. The only difficulty is if the owner tries to service his car in this way, although you have receipts, you cant prove that you did it, so that is when a warranty claim is likely to be scrutinised by the dealer!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.