Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guide Fitting St Gauge Pod To Focus Tdci Dash
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club > Ford Focus Guides
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Lenny
I picked up the panel section for 50 pounds from the same breakers as the gauges at the time.
If sal can't supply then try asking breakers on ebay for the st pod surround section that the pod itself clips in to.
gforce

@gforce, can I ask why you didn't bid, did you spot something that I didn't? (and you just reminded me I offered to do a favour for Sal,oops).

No, not at all mate. I just have a lot else on my plate at the minute so decided not to give in to the temptation. The ST pod is pretty low down my wishlist for a number of reasons...

1) ST kit, new exhaust, wheel refurb all in the pipeline

2) my car has a blue interior/dash, so not sure if the the black pod would suit well without needing wrapped or sprayed

3) and finally I just dunno if I would have the time, patience and skill to wire it up to work properly, so undecided about installing it as a dummy.

I'm sure it's 100% otherwise the seller would have said, so have no fear on my behalf, just didn't fancy it this time. All the best with it though and hope you get sorted with the panel. ;)

pumpylee

Hy little question to revive the topic :D Lenny and other that made this mod when cutting in the dash is there something special to look out for ? Or just masure twice cut once ? I was thinking modding my mk2 with a dash compartiment to keep my car papers like insurance and stuff but seeing how cool this looks i kinda want it now . And last question how much was that st gauge pod ? 50 squids ?

Stoney871
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=351130771729&alt=web

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app
Lenny

Hy little question to revive the topic :D Lenny and other that made this mod when cutting in the dash is there something special to look out for ? Or just masure twice cut once ? I was thinking modding my mk2 with a dash compartiment to keep my car papers like insurance and stuff but seeing how cool this looks i kinda want it now . And last question how much was that st gauge pod ? 50 squids ?

Hi Ilie,
When you remove the speedometer cluster,
Shine a torch in to the area look up at the plastic corresponding under the dash,
You will see scribed markings in the plastic to cut within these scribed rings,

Image1300.jpg

Although these markings are there,
Id still strongly advise starting with a small hole then trim it out bigger as required,
Continue to offer up the pod surround ensuring your still on track at all times,
Especially when cutting out the large section above the centre air vents,
Cut small in the centre then trim it out millimeters at a time until it just fits,

STGaugeFitting35.jpg

There is allowances for speed bump imperfections because tge pod surround has a small lip overhang covers the largest hole surround a little,
But when drilling the top for the spikes you can afford to be a little messy because its all going to be covered,
I recommend starting with them first.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615