Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear Selecter Cable Came Undone.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
rattyc5
hello,lost all gears on 2nd day of owning car! thought i had wasted nearly 3000. the aa man found that the gear cable selecter had come undone so he screwed it back on but was not sure if there should be a clip that stops it from coming undone or that someone in the past had not put it back on properly.he told me to take it to a garage to have it checked and find out if anything is missing.nowhere seems to be open round here until january and i am very paranoid that is gonna come off again!
any info would be great cheers ray
jeebowhite
I would expect a cover would be there to at least prevent a vibration shaking it out, so I agree there probably should be a cover.

I would say you need to get it to a garage, and unless you fancy hovering on the roadside between now and new year, I would suggest dont drive the car, if the vibrations are shaking it loose, then you will highly likely be sat on the roadside for Mr AA again...
rattyc5
cheers. been driving all over and its not come undone yet. did check it yesterday and still seems tight.will still put it in garage on tuesday anyway for peace of mind.cheers ray

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615