Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Window Plague
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
barmyarmy
Was working fine, parked up went to the footie jumped back in the motor, sparked a cig next go to put the window down and nothing! Just a smokey car by now ;)

It's a 52 plate Focus 1.6 Chic

The other window works even from the drivers side.

I can hear a click from the switch, checked all the fuses and they are ok.

Guess its the window regulator/motor?

Any advice or tips would be appreciated :)
TDCiST
Is there a relay? or is this all built into the window regulator??
barmyarmy
No idea :s
TDCiST
Have a look in your manual and see if there is a relay, locate it and see if it clicks when u press the button.. If it does, its window/regulator side thats knackered.
barmyarmy
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1324928440' post='158130']
Have a look in your manual and see if there is a relay, locate it and see if it clicks when u press the button.. If it does, its window/regulator side thats knackered.
[/quote]

Thanks.
No there isn't a relay for it.
jay1981
I would start by taking the door card off and check for 12v at the window motor using a multimeter. If there is no current at the motor, than you are looking at a duff switch or broken wire. If you have current at the motor, than you have a knackered motor or jammed regulator.
rojariggs
Agreed. Switch or regulator at fault.

Cheers

Rog
barmyarmy
Thanks for the advice.

Don't think I have a multimeter.

Does the regulator come separate from the motor or is it all as one?

Any tips to look out for when taking the door card off and replacing the regulator/motor ?
TDCiST
in that case, i agree with the guys above!
barmyarmy
[quote name='rojariggs' timestamp='1324931898' post='158138']
Agreed. Switch or regulator at fault.

Cheers

Rog
[/quote]

Thanks.

Does the regulator come separate to the motor?
Am I best of getting both and changing both? As I have no multimeter?

Will be trying the local scrappys soon whenever they are open next.
barmyarmy
Is there some sort of tutorial on how to do this ?
MrRedman
theres something on you tube its not much use tho ive just changed my regulator 65 from a Company called Andrew Page may be a bad idea going to the scrapper.Dont buy the kit of Ebay it looks to much like hard work,the reg and the motor are separate so take the motor of the regulator and test it by plugging it back in then you will know which is at fault,hope this helps. :rolleyes:
barmyarmy
[quote name='MrRedman' timestamp='1325003185' post='158199']
theres something on you tube its not much use tho ive just changed my regulator 65 from a Company called Andrew Page may be a bad idea going to the scrapper.Dont buy the kit of Ebay it looks to much like hard work,the reg and the motor are separate so take the motor of the regulator and test it by plugging it back in then you will know which is at fault,hope this helps. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Cheers bud

So was that 65 for the regulator or plus fitting?

Just wondered if there any tips or stuff to look out for when changing it?

I had to change it three times on my first car 306 bloody French electrics :/
barmyarmy
Local car breakers has one from a 2003 model woul that fit or does it have to be same year ?
MrRedman
Hi that shud fit 65 was just the part I did I myself took a good while it's very fiddley!! Good luck
barmyarmy
Bump
barmyarmy
[quote name='MrRedman' timestamp='1325101368' post='158421']
Hi that shud fit 65 was just the part I did I myself took a good while it's very fiddley!! Good luck
[/quote]

Yeah so I've heard expect bruised knuckles ?!

Any tips advice mate ? Im changing front drivers regulator and motor on a 3 door, located one from a 3 door 2003 model at the scrappy for 25
barmyarmy
All fitted :)

Took 3 hours overall to take the one off at the scrappy then take mine out and replace it :)

Fairly simple just got cut knuckles now ha

Full Colour Version: The Window Plague
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.