Hello all...Just picked up a focus 5dr hatch TDDI Ghia mk1 2001 y'day for quite a good deal.Had been in the same family from new and only 113k with full serv hist in ghia spec. Engines all good but some things do need sorting on it and would like some help/advice. I did read both the old and new site forums first till my ears popped (trust me!) and couldnt really get much info so right now all help is welcome and thanked for in advance.
First...The inside is mingy...I mean REALLY mingy and its not helped by the car having the cream coloured velour now turned brown. It needs to be ripped out including the carpets...no redemption, no salvation. My question is, would Mk2 mondeo leather seats especially the front ones fit? Dont have much to spend right now so no remaps etc just essentials and a bit...or anyone got a focus mk1 ghia interior in the london and surronding areas? :)
Next the steering wheel is undergoing the near obligatory melting/sticky muck metamorphosis. It does need to be changed and personally would like an alternative to the focus wheel. In the old days i liked the ford fiesta 1.6 16v Si (think it was the mk3/mk4) steering wheel as they had a small diametre and were quite chunky....perfect for my sausage fingers! What other steering wheels would fit? ...I did read somewhere that a Mondeo MK3 steering wheel would fit but have not seen or read a second confirmation on this...could someone help on this please?
Third...Its a ghia but of the older type with "wood-effect" dash and door inserts. I can remotely lock the car all round but from the inside when I press the drivers door lock, none of the other doors centrally-lock...any ideas on that please. Also I need to change the centre console for one that has the cigge lighter socket at the rear for the kids nintendo etc...where could I run the power/earth etc from to power it and if i ran it from the main front drivers ciggie lighter i am assuming it would be necessary to upgrade the fuse as well but to what if so?
Thanks a lot for the help...best site you know