Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk2 Mondeo Si
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
lbonniebell
Hi there, Can anybody tell me what cc this engine is please?. Car is on a 99 T-reg with the blacktop engine. Many thanks.
mintalkin
the best thing to do is look what it says on the v5 registration document.
lbonniebell
[quote name='mintalkin' post='10063' date='Jan 16 2009, 04:40 PM']the best thing to do is look what it says on the v5 registration document.[/quote]
I did that but it says 1980cc which I am sure is wrong. I have all the paperwork with the car from day one and they all say 1980cc but I thought they were 1989cc engines.
mondeo dave
[quote name='lbonniebell' post='10071' date='Jan 16 2009, 06:12 PM']I did that but it says 1980cc which I am sure is wrong. I have all the paperwork with the car from day one and they all say 1980cc but I thought they were 1989cc engines.[/quote]
hi it will be a 2ltr
lbonniebell
[quote name='mondeo dave' post='10072' date='Jan 16 2009, 06:20 PM']hi it will be a 2ltr[/quote]
Hi, seems to be some confusion about this topic. I know it is a 2.0 16v but I thought the cc was 1989cc not 1980cc. What I am trying to find out is if the paperwork for the car has always been wrong from day one.
S-Max Bob
[quote name='lbonniebell' post='10074' date='Jan 16 2009, 07:01 PM']Hi, seems to be some confusion about this topic. I know it is a 2.0 16v but I thought the cc was 1989cc not 1980cc. What I am trying to find out is if the paperwork for the car has always been wrong from day one.[/quote]

Your right it is a 1989cc, may be a fault with DVLA or someones changed the engine and miss printed the cc could be something simple, not sure if DVLA would be helpfull or not :unsure:
mondeo family
hi i also have a 2.0ltr 16v si mk2 check with your ford dealer as i found mine had a higher bhp than what the dvla had on there system it turned out to be a difference of 15bhp as mine is running at 145-150bhp and she runs like a dream but i must advise you on getting your gearbox link pins (the bits that hold the selectors in the gearbox) have snapped twice in mine so i have had to replace my gearbox but it turned out to have had the wrong one fitted, and just to confirm the SI has got a 1989 cc engine so just get it checked for your own peace of mind. Hope this helps you with your dilemer

Full Colour Version: Mk2 Mondeo Si
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.