Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central Locking Problem?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Niffleman
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum so I hope this will not strike the old hands as a stupid question. I have a 2001 Focus 1.6 Zetec five speed manual, 5 door hatch. It has 105K on the clock and I have come from an 02 Mondeo hatch.

I am a bit puzzled about the central locking on the Focus. If I use the remote, unlocking the car will open all the doors and locking the car will lock all the doors, A second press of the locking button will operate the deadlock. This is exactly the same as the Mondeo and my wife's 99 Fiesta. However, if I use the key to open the car then only the door I use the key in unlocks, rather than the central locking opening all the doors. Similarly, if I use the key to lock the door then only that door locks. This is different to both the Mondeo and the Fiesta, where using the key will work the central locking. Is my central laocking faulty, and if so how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Stoney871
Hi mate,
Welcome to the forum.
My last car was a MK1 and i know exactly what you are on about.
To manually open all your doors with a key, once you have turned the key to open the lock turn it in the same direction again to open all your locks.
Works in reverse to deadlock all the doors too. Lock the doors with one turn and then again will flash lights and deadlock.
The one door opening routine is an anti hijack feature so as to stop anyone getting in the passenger door unless you let them.
I believe the two phase unlock can be disabled but for the life of me can't remember how.
I'm pretty sure someone here will know for sure.
jeebowhite
If I recall correctly, isnt it sit in the car, and press and hold the lock button for 5 - 10 seconds and then the indicator blinks at you to tell you antihijack is on / off?
Stoney871
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1325631608' post='159272']
I believe the two phase unlock can be disabled but for the life of me can't remember how.
I'm pretty sure someone here will know for sure.
[/quote]

[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1325683609' post='159350']
If I recall correctly, isnt it sit in the car, and press and hold the lock button for 5 - 10 seconds and then the indicator blinks at you to tell you antihijack is on / off?
[/quote]

There you go.
jeebowhite
I hate not having a Focus, I kind of miss the days of someone asking a question, and me going to the car to test these things to come back with it! lol, I now just sit and try to remember, with a few umm's and aaah's
Stoney871
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1325753705' post='159488']
I hate not having a Focus, I kind of miss the days of someone asking a question, and me going to the car to test these things to come back with it! lol, I now just sit and try to remember, with a few umm's and aaah's
[/quote]

Remember what? I forget. LOL :blink:
jeebowhite
lol!

anyway hope the post helped!

Full Colour Version: Central Locking Problem?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.