Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smoky Mondeo Low M P G
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
1jacko
hi all i have had this mondeo 2 ltr tdci for about two weeks now and in a morning it smokes for about 5 seconds then clears up also the m p g is quite low been told these are usually good on diesel but this one isnt the guy i got it off mentioned the egr valve cud it be that
DC1982
Its a fairly quick job to clean the Egr valve and manifold and there are lots of guides online on how to do it. I have the same problem with my car despite cleaning these and putting injector cleaner through. It sounds more like a potential injector issue, maybe a leaking injector. What kind of mpg are you getting?

Regards
1jacko
[quote name='DC1982' timestamp='1325782148' post='159556']
Its a fairly quick job to clean the Egr valve and manifold and there are lots of guides online on how to do it. I have the same problem with my car despite cleaning these and putting injector cleaner through. It sounds more like a potential injector issue, maybe a leaking injector. What kind of mpg are you getting?

Regards
[/quote]
i put 20 pounds in did 80 miles and the fuel light came on so i dont think iam getting that much to the gallon
DC1982
No thats awful! Try cleaning it using this link then put some quality cleaner through like BG244 and go from there. Could be a million things prob best to pop it to a local garage and pay them 20 to do a enginge diagnostic,

fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/EGR_Valve_and_Inlet_Manifold_Clearout_TDCi
robdawn12
I had this problem on my 56 plate 130bhp TDCI
I cleaned out the EGR vale and manifold which didn't have much effect, I took it to a local garage who did a diagnostic on it and found a low turbo flow and a 4" split in one of the hoses. this was repaired and now get 40MPG round town with a light foot.
garage charges 120 for dignostic and replacement of pipe as i'm told there are a few to look at.
Hope this helps

Rob

Full Colour Version: Smoky Mondeo Low M P G
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.