Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Pulls To Left
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
andrews65
Hi, How concerned should I be about a gradual pull to the left on my 2008 Focus 1.6 petrol? I have about a week of warranty left to rectify any issues with the dealer.

Doing about 30 to 40, going straight, on an even road with no camber, after about 5 seconds the car begins to gradually drift to the left. Tyre pressures are correct and matching, and (dealer tells me) front disks and pads were replaced just before I got the car. I tried it at lower speeds on a smaller road and didn't really notice any drift. Also there's no noticeable pulling when braking.

thanks in advance, Andrew.
stef123
have you had the wheel alignment checked out? it wouldn't concern me as much as it would annoy me but its certainly worth looking into
andrews65
No I've not had the alignment checked. I did notice it pulling to left when I test drove the car last year, and the dealer tell me they replaced the front disks and pads to remedy this. I'll need to check with them if they checked the alignment as part of that.
stef123
[quote name='andrews65' timestamp='1325696010' post='159387']
No I've not had the alignment checked. I did notice it pulling to left when I test drove the car last year, and the dealer tell me they replaced the front disks and pads to remedy this. I'll need to check with them if they checked the alignment as part of that.
[/quote]

hows your tyre wear? wearing quite even?
TDCiST
Id say alignment...
tomo2001
Wife's car pulled to the left after she hit the kerb in the snow. She had bent one of the suspension legs LOL
Stoney871
Chech alignment and suspension geometry to make sure all is straight
andrews65
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Full Colour Version: Steering Pulls To Left
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615