Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk 1 Ford Focus Won't Start
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
D J Hilton
I have a X-reg Ford Focus 1.8 LX Mk1, which I have had for 4 years now and has never failed to start.

One morning couple of weeks before Christmas, I found that it wouldn't start.

I put some distilled water in the battery and charged it up and it then was working as normal.

However, earlier this week it has failed to start again. I charged the battery but still wouldn't work so my Dad had a look at the car (he is also a Focus owner), and found that the fuse to the fuel line had blown. He put a new fuse in today and managed to take it for a short drive, although it was sounding rough.

When I came to try it myself this evening I found that it just won't start again.

Anyone out there know what is the likely cause?
jeebowhite
might need a new battery, depending on the age (which may explain why it died first time round), however if your blowing fuses to the fuel line, my suspicion is a problem with either the earthing to or is the fuel pump that is at fault...
D J Hilton
Any idea how much a new pump would cost?
stef123
[quote name='D J Hilton' timestamp='1325894162' post='159845']
Any idea how much a new pump would cost?
[/quote]

has it blown the fuel pump fuse again?
artscot79
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1325894469' post='159846']
has it blown the fuel pump fuse again?
[/quote]

ide say this is one of those times when its better and will be cheaper in the long run to get it diagnosed by a mobile mechanic rather than shelling out on parts which may or may not be at fault
D J Hilton
My Dad put a new fuse in today and it blew again.

I wonder if it's the earthing/wiring to the fuel pump?
stef123
[quote name='D J Hilton' timestamp='1325968708' post='159979']
My Dad put a new fuse in today and it blew again.

I wonder if it's the earthing/wiring to the fuel pump?
[/quote]

Check the wiring/fuse box/fuel pump for any damage or water ingress, it could be a fault with the pump its self but i would go for wiring related

Full Colour Version: Mk 1 Ford Focus Won't Start
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.