Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Focus Stutter
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
tt3
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, so hi.

I have a brand new Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCi (115bhp) manufactured on 18th November 2011 and delivered to me on 12th December. It's done about 1700 miles already as its a company car. Ever since I had it it has done a kind of stutter (just a single stutter on each occasion) when in 6th gear doing 70 mph (+\- 4mph). It was particularly bad on its first journey which was a 3 hour one, I ended up driving at 60mph, then got slightly better over Christmas. This week I took it to Ford because it was very low on coolant (although might always have been), they topped it up and took it for a drive but couldn't get it to stutter. Since its been to them it's happening more again, about 3 times in a 20 minute drive.

It is only in 6th gear and doesn't do it on demand, but seems to be when I either ease off or accelerate slightly like on a motorway or dual carriageway.

For info, I have driven a lot of hire cars before getting the Focus for the next 3 years, so I'm fairly used to different cars.

Anyone have an idea what might be happening?

TT3
jeebowhite
If it only happens in sixth gear, its got to be a gearbox issue somewhere... long and short, they need to sort it out, as you have let them know fairly soon after, they should continue investigations. what if you drive in fifth gear max for a week or so, and then go up to sixth after, just to allow the car a few more miles to settle?

dont they normally say you should run an engine and gearbox in for 5000 miles?

Full Colour Version: New Focus Stutter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.