Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dent Cost?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
james132
Just removed the 'GB' sticker on the rear of my recently bought focus to find this hidden underneath it!

[img]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad115/james132stomp/DSC_8162.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad115/james132stomp/DSC_8163.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad115/james132stomp/DSC_8164.jpg[/img]

P*****d off is an understatement!

Any ideas how much this is going to cost to be put right?

Theres a small scrape on the rear bumper which I looked into getting re-sprayed which was going to cost just over 200, there is also a small scuff on bottom of the front bumper. So looking at it it may be worth a complete re-spray. If I was to go down this route what sort of money is it likley to be?
rojariggs
Methinks that easiest thing is to put a GB sticker back on... :rolleyes:

Otherwise, it's call a few mobile repair bods or get round a couple of places and get them to quote. It looks quite deep and narrow so don't know if it will pull out or end up with a big wedge of filler in there?

Your other option is of course to see if any scrappies or eBay have used boot libs in the right colour...

When you say a complete respray, do you mean the whole car? If so, you are normally looking at figures knocking on 2K :o

Cheers

Rog
james132
Been to have a quote thismorning.

For the dent on the bootlid, small dent and scuff on the rear bumper/quater pannel + Colour coding rear bump strip, bottom of rear bumper and the fog brows looking at £450+VAT which seems alright. His also offered me discount on a service if I have all the work done and a service at the same time, from what I have heard he dose a brilliant job and is very trusted.

Spoke to him regarding a full respray which he said would be between 2 and 3K, but his honest opinion was that looking round the car it would cost no more than £1000 to have it 100% perfect. (I was just trying to give myself an excuse to have the car in panther black :P )
kevin lancelott
No wonder it had a GB sticker on it then.Put on either by previous owner before selling or garage to mask any come back.
TDCiST
[quote name='james132' timestamp='1325945272' post='159903'](I was just trying to give myself an excuse to have the car in panther black :P )
[/quote]

It can be arranged if you want... I have a spare rattle can lying around in the garage lol! Maybe we could have some sort of collection for you mate :lol: :lol:
james132
[quote name='kevin lancelott' timestamp='1325945531' post='159905']
No wonder it had a GB sticker on it then.Put on either by previous owner before selling or garage to mask any come back.
[/quote]

Exactly, it was a private sale, 'mint condition body work/paint all round', wish I would have taken the sticker off the week I got it, had a the car just over a month now, if I would have seen it the week I got it I would perhaps have given the guy a call asking what had happened to the mint condition body work <_<

[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1325945575' post='159906']
It can be arranged if you want... I have a spare rattle can lying around in the garage lol! Maybe we could have some sort of collection for you mate :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Haha, Would be loooovley if someone wanted to pay for me :lol: Aah well, will have to put up with blue :P Its a nice colour dont get me wrong, I love it, just seems a pig to match up any alloys that go with it well :lol:
jeebowhite
That is a sod to say the least! I cant blame you for being peeved... to compliment him - smart move - who would check under the sticker? goes to show, maybe worth pulling any stickers off before you take posession to ensure theres nothing lurking underneath, a hard lesson learned, and one I hope wont be too rediculous for you to repair, Can you put a couple of letter badges from the likes of halfords over the top, to personalise it and disguise it in the meantime?
ging
ok so i build historic race cars for a living for example the lotus cortina that was on kent cams stand at the nec last year all the body work was done by me and a gent that i work with also the dacar yellow capri that belongs alan sumerscales that was in classic for magazine was done by us, a respray at our place will set you back 2300k for a colour change that is to show car standered full strip down doors off the lot now for the rear bumper boot and a rear quater panel we would charge no more than £350 inc vat for the dent and col code and scuff to bumper and quater repairing we spend on adverage 90 hours on a colour change respray as a minimum

Full Colour Version: Dent Cost?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615