Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Service Costs Of Non Fords...
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
jeebowhite
Hi Guys,

Well I thought I would open the forum to anyone who owns a Ford and something else (or like me owns something else but still lives here)...

I want to see what the servicing costs are like, I used to have the Focus with a "Service Plan" cost me about 20 per month so I never took a hit at service time... However I think I just got bent over the desk, with my trousers around my ankles...

third year service of my Cee'd (with a dealer for a very long list of reasons) - All inclusive (VAT, Labour, Parts) - usually 370, I get it for 330... I have never seen a bill so high for a service on a non German car!!!

So, now I am hating the Major service more than ever...

So, I open the question to you, what is the cost of your car Ford or Not for a Major service / Third year, what does it include, and do you think its OTT?

Mine apparently includes: Oil + Filter, Fuel Filter, Brake Fluid, Fuel Tank Air Filter, and all the usual guff...

Im going to cry in a corner now, so catch up with you soon....
btmaldon
Ive got my Focus on a 3 year Service Plan at 16.75 a month. Ive not gone passed the two year service with a main dealer so cant comment on the 3 year cost.
mintalkin
main dealers are a total rip off when it comes to service time
just had the avensis T27 done at independent to full toyota specs and parts including oil,3 filters,brake fluid ect ect,cost £141 all in. toyota would have been £300+
btmaldon
They're not always a rip off. My last focus was 149 first service and 200 2nd service with a brake fluid change. Previously my local main dealer had been doing a special offer on cars over 4 years old and I had a full service with an MOT for 99. It was 89 for the service and 10 for the MOT. I doubt I will see that offer again though.
jeebowhite
Some dealers certainly take the mick more than others - cheapest service near where I work - 306 all in, the dealer near where I live (30 miles down the road) 370 all in... the cheek of it!

Full Colour Version: Service Costs Of Non Fords...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.