Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 07 S-Max Seat Ratchet
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Allan_Brown
Greetings fellow Ford owners

The centre RHS seat ratchet on my 07 S-max had failed and the seat back will not stay in place. It is so bad that you can grab the headrest and pull the seat out of position. This is a major safety issue and a serious inconvenience as I now cannot use this seat and need to use one of the rear seats.

I have spoken to my local Ford dealer and have been advised that they need an hours inspection (at 90 plus VAT) to detemine what the problem is - I daren't think of the total cost

Is this a known problem - we generally park the car with the RHS against the kerb and have used this seat for rear access - but I wouldn't expect a car that is less than 5 years old to exhibit such a failure.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions welcome

Cheers

Allan
steveh400
I've just replaced front drivers seat in 2006 ford focus total price 65 from motor hog only took 10 mins to fit it was a cheaper option than goin to main dealer

Full Colour Version: 07 S-Max Seat Ratchet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.