Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Water Leak
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
gibzy
I've got a water leak on my 2000 Ka and need some advice.

Is there any common place where it may leak, I've looked over the whole engine and can't see anything. There is no sign of any water leaking from anywere. The only sign I have of water leaking is the tank emptying and regulary need filling up.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful. Thanks
btmaldon
Is there any sign of a maionaise type residue in the oil filler cap? If so the Head Gasket is on its way out.

Otherwise check the thermostat housing for leaks and all the pipes to and from the radiator.

Is the heating working OK?

You could try changing the expension tank cap as if the system looses pressure it will boil the coolant at a lower temperature which may be vapourising.
gibzy
There is no sign of any reisdue in the oil filer cap. The heating is working alright but recently its been taking a little while before I get any sort of heat out of it. And the rest i shall look at over the weekend in daylight. Thanks
scudney
Hi there,could it be leaking from the water pump?

Full Colour Version: Water Leak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615