Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Please:s Airbag Light On
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jane_b
i have a focus 2008 1.4 style and i just have change the front seats with a sport ones with no airbag on the seat
i friend of mine just told to fit a resistor of 2.2 ohms and it worked fine for a while but now its on again
when i connected the car on the computer diagnostic it say "passenger airbag circuit resistance to high"
Also only lights up when the weather is warm or when i drive fast and i hit a whole on the road
it doesnt stay on the whole time if the car is not moving every thing its ok
frustrating :@:@:@:@:@:@
Preee
[quote name='jane_b' timestamp='1326325693' post='160786']
i have a focus 2008 1.4 style and i just have change the front seats with a sport ones with no airbag on the seat
i friend of mine just told to fit a resistor of 2.2 ohms and it worked fine for a while but now its on again
when i connected the car on the computer diagnostic it say "passenger airbag circuit resistance to high"
Also only lights up when the weather is warm or when i drive fast and i hit a whole on the road
it doesnt stay on the whole time if the car is not moving every thing its ok
frustrating :@:@:@:@:@:@
[/quote]

Hi have you thought about trying a lower resistor and also if its coming on while driving or hitting a bump then there must be a bad connection , which means the 2.2 ohm is not doing its job properly
jane_b
you mean something like 2.0 ohms?
mcbutler
Just measure the resistance of the part you have removed and install a resistor of the same value, should do the job.

When your airbag light flashes it is giving you a code i.e 4 flashes followed by 2 flashes = 42

Check this against the code given by the diagnostic, you may have more than one problem.

You can search for ford airbag codes and get the list.

I had huge snags with mine and after all the fault finding I just loosened the bolts securing the front crash sensor half a turn, retightened them to make the earth connection better and hey presto, fixed.

It will be something very simple, just needs a little tenacity to find it.

Good luck :-)

Full Colour Version: Help Please:s Airbag Light On
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.