Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.6 Tdci Focus Loss Of Power
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Chucky
I have a 56 plate 1.6 tdci focus. Just recently I have had loss of power and excessive turbo noise sounding like air escaping it seems to come and go? Can anyone give me a clue as to what it can be?
jeebowhite
CHeck all hoses are not damaged, cracks and the likes. Also when you say the turbo is noisy - 1) is that when you get excessive "air escaping" noise, or when the air flow seems stable?
Chucky
Hi, I seems to be when the turbo should be spinning up, it is in time with the turbo. It sounds like air escaping. It is intermittent though.
jeebowhite
Definiately check the hoses, sounds to me like you have a leak, and as the hose leaks then you are getting less problems through the turbo, then when all is quiet on the leaking front, your turbo is being pounded as it works...

Start with the hoses and take it from there...
TDCiST
Yup sounds like a boost leak to me...

check all hoses, joints, etc... from turbo thru intercooler (if you have one) out to exhaust... just to make sure..

Full Colour Version: 1.6 Tdci Focus Loss Of Power
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.