Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk3 Beeping
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
tomo2001
Anyone else with a new Focus noticed this ? Everytime I pull up on my driveway at home, switch the engine off and get out of the car there is a very quiet series of beeps coming from somewhere at the front of the car. Perhaps 5 or 6 beeps in total and I cannot seem to locate where it's coming from !

Only tend to hear it when I stop here because it a sheltered spot in a quiet cul-de-sac.

Just wondered what it may be, doesn't bother me just intrigued. Maybe it's only relevant to members with keyless entry ?
fordpartsman
this will be the different things shutting down on the engine, for example the egg valve which makes a noise and also the fuel pump will shut down aswell
cuke
Hi, doesn't happen with my car which has keyless entry, all I get is the sound of relays clicking which is normal...
Chris
tomo2001
Nope its deffo a series of beeps but very faint. Doesn't sound anything like a relay or fuel pump noise. [quote name='fordpartsman' timestamp='1326594190' post='161323']
this will be the different things shutting down on the engine, for example the egg valve which makes a noise and also the fuel pump will shut down aswell
[/quote]
Leemaxd
Yea my focus does this for a few seconds so does my diesel van, it's just certain things in the engine shutting down, nothing to worry about. :)
cuke
[quote name='Leemaxd' timestamp='1326640243' post='161376']
Yea my focus does this for a few seconds so does my diesel van, it's just certain things in the engine shutting down, nothing to worry about. :)
[/quote]

Hi, have you a Mk3?
Chris
tomo2001
[quote name='Leemaxd' timestamp='1326640243' post='161376']
[/quote]

Not worried about it, it's not my car lol (company car) just never heard it on a car before so wondered what it might be and where it's coming from. Sounds like from somewhere under the bonnet at the drivers side ?
cuke
Hi, it is rather strange though, seeing as mine doesn't make a noise...
Chris
jimrex
[quote name='tomo2001' timestamp='1326543670' post='161188']
Anyone else with a new Focus noticed this ? Everytime I pull up on my driveway at home, switch the engine off and get out of the car there is a very quiet series of beeps coming from somewhere at the front of the car. [/quote]

I've noticed it on mine but like you say, only when at home (probably as it's quieter than at work etc). I don't have keyless entry and just put it down to various systems doing their checks and shutting down. Never had it/noticed it on other cars I've owned though.
tomo2001
[quote name='jimrex' timestamp='1326721325' post='161594']
I've noticed it on mine but like you say, only when at home (probably as it's quieter than at work etc). I don't have keyless entry and just put it down to various systems doing their checks and shutting down. Never had it/noticed it on other cars I've owned though.
[/quote]

Unlike Cuke's car then, perhaps its particular to the diesel ?

Full Colour Version: Mk3 Beeping
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615