Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Locking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
john5
Hi
When I unlock the doors, if I don't put the key in the ignition and close the door, after a little while it locks itself. Very good idea if I had forgotten to lock it when parked, but a nightmare if I left the key on the seat or somwhere, as I have no spare key. I wondered if it's possible to program it to stop this happening.
cheers
John.
Preee
it's usually the other way around , if you unlock the door via remote or key , only if you don't open the door should it re-lock .

If you open the door then it should not auto lock.

The system will not or should not auto lock when you get out and walk away from the car
artscot79
confirmed if you unlock the doors with remote and dont open them excluding the bonnet and boot then the doors will relock but if you open a door then close it again the car should not relock itself
john5
Hi
Thank you both for your replies you were both right. I had it looked at and it was caused by a connection, no problems now.
cheers
John.
artscot79
a nice easy fix then mate

Full Colour Version: Door Locking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.