Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low Speed Judder
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
stuart711
Hope i can get some help on this one,

I hav recently started to encounter low rev juddering at less than 1000/1500 revs normally when pulling away from a cold start, it usually clears when its up to temperature, I have heard it could be the EGR valve ???? not sure even where it is so help or pictures would be appriciated

Regads

Stu
jeebowhite
Welcome to the forum, however you havent given us much to go on. Judging by the fact its a mondeo, and your complaining of the revs, I am going to say its a 2.0 TDCI Mondeo, poss around 2000 - 2004?

The EGR valve I havent pictures of but is accessbile at the rear of the engine lump. You should be able to reach this easily. You could always start by buying a spray of Whynns EGR Cleaner, I believe you spray this directly into the air intake as you have the engine running to try and get the carbon deposits out. The kangaroo effect could be more than just that though, it could be a fuel filter issue (when was the last time it was replaced?) or it could be a DPF issue (again, when was it either last replaced, or filled up [if you have one]).

It will be helpful if you can provide more details on the car, its mileage, its service history etc...
stuart711
Sorry for the little info given, :) it is a 2.0L 02 Plate petrol engine, I never thought of the Fuel filter, i'll have to find it and check it, I have let the fuel get low a few times !!!!
btmaldon
If its petrol, you will not have an EGR valve.

When was the last time the fuel filter, air filter, plugs and leads were changed?
stuart711
Just carried out the mini service of oil/oil filter & air filter including plug (£8.00 each) did not do the fuel filter or leads (HT leads i think if you mean those), However I have checked ebay for a ERG valve for a petrol 2.0 and they are for sale ...so rather confused???
btmaldon
You will have an idle control valve, sometimes called an air by-pass valve, but only diesels have EGR valves.

Chances are that because plugs are not changed very often these days that the HT Leads dont like being disturbed after years of not being touched. It will be worth changing these if you have done the plugs as they may be breaking down.
stuart711
Just carried out the mini service of oil/oil filter & air filter including plug (£8.00 each) did not do the fuel filter or leads (HT leads i think if you mean those), However I have checked ebay for a ERG valve for a petrol 2.0 and they are for sale ...so rather confused???
btmaldon
Sorry your correct, the Mondy Duratech petrol engine does have one. I know it as an Auxilliary Air Valve. It has a solenoid much the same as an ICV. Not sure thats your problem though as petrols dont get sooted up as much as diesels.

I still recon the problem is more likely to be your leads breaking down under load at low revs. If not, try putting a good fuel cleaner through the system.

Full Colour Version: Low Speed Judder
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.