Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R Reg Fiesta Heating Not Working
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
GDO2012
Hello all, I have an R reg Fiesta, and the heating has packed up. The fans only blow cold air, and at this time of the year its warmer with the fans off!!! Any suggestions? Already topped up the radiator.... Thanks, Glenn
Danny87
Hi Glenn,

Recently had the same issue with my car and it was the heater control valve, they're easy to replace and can be bought on eBay for about £15. These are a popular failure point resulting in the loss of adjustment of the heating - they usually blow either hot or cold and you aren't able to adjust it.

Another thing worth checking would be for any air locks in the coolant system, however I wouldn't think this is likely as the engine would probably be overheating as well.

It could also be the a blown heater motor, again these are easy enough to replace and can be bought relatively cheap on eBay.

Hope that helps a little bit,

Dan
pgm2010
There are two things that are very common on those, first the heater valve as the previous poster said, found on the bulkhead under the bonnet, set the heater control half way round and you should feel a click when you touch the valve as it swithes from hot to cold and back again. the other really common thing is the heater facia panel itself, easy to replace, remove radio & there are a couple of screws, disconnect the cables & multiplug, job done. :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.