Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 1.8 Sport (2006) - Turns Over But Wont Start
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ikthius
Hey everyone,

not really used these forums much and I am not mechanically minded..

I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on what my local mechanic can't find.

Last year I got a Ford Recall - regarding something to do with the engine temperature sensor to be bypassed in countries with high salt content.

I took this to a ford dealer near my work (not local) and they apparently done what had to be done in the recall.

Less than 1 month after that my car just would not start one day, I tried it and tried it - it turned over ok but would not kick the engine into life. I was told that this was an ECU problem so I was recommended to get a refurbished unit. It got fitted and was fine for a month or two.
Same thing, this time it was at my local garage and they had to get an auto electrician in, it started fine for him - no charge they don't know why it done it.

This time the car is doing the exact same thing and with the mechanic for over 2 weeks. The mechanic is stumped - said it probably is a fuel pump issue and it wall cost £1000.

do you guys know of any problems similar and what was your resolution???
Preee
I presume there is a spark from the plugs?
Is the battery in good condition , low volts can impead starting

Could be blocked fuel filter has it been changed ?

Explore a little more before paying for a fuel pump.
ikthius
yeah battery is fine, spark plugs not sure where they are or what they do, as I said I am not mechanically minded.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.