Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remote Key Fob
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Nightowl130963
Bought a second hand key fob, programed it to the car with ease but the fob locks the car then reopens it, if I lock the car manually with the key the fob opens the back doors and passenger doors and it will also relive these doors but it won't do anything with the drivers door, can you help.
Cheers steve
Nightowl130963
That should say relock not relive
Stoney871
As i understand it - your drivers side door won't unlock at all?
You possibly need a new lock unit in the drivers door.
Water can get into them and damage the locking servo.
Nightowl130963
Cheers stoney but yes the drivers door locks and unlocks and sets the alarm of you lock it manually with the key it just won't do anything with the remote fob,
Cheers steve
Stoney871
Probably a remote locking motor then.
Does it make any noise when the remote is pressed?
If not then probably a relay is shot.
Nightowl130963
Cheers stoney I'll have a look
sheeny
reprgram ur fob bye turning ur ignition on and off 4 time dont turn car over just till the lights on the dash come on then turn off u will hear a bong noise fron the caf then press any locking part of the fob that should reset ur central locking :)

Full Colour Version: Remote Key Fob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615