Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk2 Mondeo 1.8 Td Inner Track Rods
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Keith Fisher
just been renewing front wishbones tie rods, discs pads n lastly track rod ends on my 1999 mondeo, the track rod end was so ceased up ive managed to snap it off, im wonderimg if its possible to now change the inner track rod as opposed to the complete rack, any info would be greatly recieved, thanx
stef123
[quote name='Keith Fisher' timestamp='1327180641' post='162531']
just been renewing front wishbones tie rods, discs pads n lastly track rod ends on my 1999 mondeo, the track rod end was so ceased up ive managed to snap it off, im wonderimg if its possible to now change the inner track rod as opposed to the complete rack, any info would be greatly recieved, thanx
[/quote]

Never worked on a mk2 mondeo but you should be able to unscrew the track rod from the rack. you might need to use a crows foot socket on a ratchet with a long extension though.

inner track rods usually cost about the same as track rod ends, £20-30
Keith Fisher
thanx mate, tryin to get as much info as possible so i can decide weather its worth it or not, a new rack plus subframe dropping plus getting it to somewhere that i can get it lifted high enough etc , mite be better to bite bullet n break it, shame coz its a cracing motor

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615