Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Condensation In Headlights And Rusty Doors
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
rattyc5
i seem to have condensation on the glass in the headlights. any ideas what the problem may be?
how to cure it.
while i'm at it, there doors have rust under the paintwork( paintworks has bubbled) whats the best way to go about repairing? do i need to take door panels off and treat the rust from inside aswell as outside? cheers ray
dezwez
[quote name='rattyc5' timestamp='1327225312' post='162561']
i seem to have condensation on the glass in the headlights. any ideas what the problem may be?
how to cure it.
while i'm at it, there doors have rust under the paintwork( paintworks has bubbled) whats the best way to go about repairing? do i need to take door panels off and treat the rust from inside aswell as outside? cheers ray
[/quote] happen on mine head light no way to fix sealed units so i got one off ebay
the rust is aknown problem on these cars
Preee
You could remove the headlight dry it out and the put clear mastic around where any joins are and make sure the rubber seals are secure.

Rust your better to cut it back and deal with it before it gets any worse , maybe get a quote from ChipsAway
rattyc5
i've had one door sorted which cost £140 to treat and respray but the other doors are nowhere near as bad so was thinking about doing it myself.
will look at mastic clear cheers

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.