Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 07 S Max 1.8 Tdci Engine Failure....need Help Sourcing Engine
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
mikecheck
HI TO YOU ALL AS I AM NEW HERE

BASICALLY I HAD PURCHASED A 2007 S MAX 1.8 TDCI 6 SPEED BLACK WITH 60K ON IT FROM DEALERSHIP. GOT REGULAR SERVICING DONE AT AN INDEPENDENT GARAGE BUT WITH GENUINE PARTS TO SAVE OVER THE TOP LABOUR COSTS.

I WAS DRIVING ALONG ON THE MOTORWAY AND NEXT THING LOST POWER...PULLED OVER AND HEARD THE MAIN BEARINGS IN THE CRANKSHAFT GONE RATTLING LIKE A BAG OF MARBLES.....CHECKED OIL LEVEL AFTER TURNING OFF AND LETTING OIL SETTLE TO SUMP FOR TEN MINS...THE OIL LEVEL WAS FINE

OIL LEVEL WAS PERFECT...NO OIL LIGHT CAME ON BEFORE HAND AND HAD TO GET TOW TRUCK HOME.........THE S MAX IS JUST OUT OF THE FORD WARRANTY TWO WEEKS BEFORE THIS HAPPENED AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BASICALLY I NEED A 2ND HAND COMPLETE ENGINE AND FOUR INJECTORS AND A INTERCOOLER IF ANYONE CAN HELP RECOMMENDING WITH A DECENT BREAKERS IN UK WOULD BE APPRECIATED. AS I AM BASED IN NORTHERN IRELAND......I HAVE TRIED THE WWW AND CANNOT SEEM TO SOURCE A 2ND HAND ENGINE.

ANY QUOTES I GOT WHERE 1800 QUID WITH 3 MONTHS WARRANTY AND THATS SHIPPING COSTS INCLUDED TO N IRELAND......I MAY BE BETTER JUST GETTING THE MECHANIC TO STRIP AND REBUILD MY OLD ENGINE AND GET THE CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS RE GROUND...NEW OIL PUMP AND PISTONS/RINGS BIG END AND MAIN BEARINGS AND GET THE CYLINDER HEAD DE COKED.... NEW VALVE STEM OIL SEALS/ VALVE GUIDES AND RE GRIND THE VALVES ETC...........BUT WOULD PROBABLY COST A LOT LOT MORE.......

ANYBODY WHO COULD RECOMMEND A DECENT FORD DISMANTLER IN UK WOULD BE GREAT.......THEY RECKON A MONDEO AND GALXALY 1.8 TDCI WILL ALSO FIT THE 1.8 TDCI S MAX? AND THE ENGINE CODE IS 2

ALL THE BEST FOLKS

HAS ANYONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH BOTTOM END GOING ON THE S MAX

TAKE CARE

ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS
gregers
im wondering if you could complain to fords for a good will jesture,also take a looksie here and maybe ring them up for a chat.
www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Buyingacar-yourconsumerrights/DG_183047

anything is worth a try to save some of your hard earned.
mikecheck
Hey Gregers thanks for your help and quick reply

Ive been down that road with Ford Uk and they are saying it is out of warranty and more or less good luck........seeee yaaaaa Thats the thing with warranties when they are up they are up....I tried the whole www.ford.co.uk ford direct and im sure if it had of happened within the 6 months warranty id be fine and ford warranty team cringing having to put in a new genuine engine in from a pallet lol.

So i am kinda down the road of 2nd hand engine plant with either 6 months warranty or a year.....The parts are not in the newer cars for sure...In this day in age an oil pump should @ least come on before starving the crank bearings before hand....especially when the oil light switch was working in this vehicle and had 8k oil changes up to 60 70k and that aint cheap......

Im an ex VW mechanic by trade and seen so many errors with engine design ie the oil pump drive in certain models of 06 08 Audi A4 A6s Tdis where made of plastic and failing.....so con ros out the side of the engine block.... E329.Mercedes having terrible engine warning light errors coming on ...on their dashboards.......the stuff parts and matierals are not in all manufactuers models since 2000......cutting cost and profit margins in each new design of car and its engine and drive train....Its us poor consumers that are most of the time left to pick up the bill if the vehicle is out of its dealership warranty....or externl RAC aftermarket you cn take out aslong as a car has under a 100k they will cover you

Ive an old 1997 vw polo 1.9 SDI that i use as a work commute vehicle and it has 170k on it ....if that was an 2006 Vw 1.9SDI diesel it probably would of had to get an oil pump.....cost me 500 quid years MOT

rest my case

if anyone can recommend a decent ford UK salvage breaker .........or dismantler is a better term....would be much appreciated......before i go down the road of a complete engine rebuild whcih wouldnt be cheap either

cheers

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615