Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stiff Front Suspension?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Haylo714
Sorry if it's in the wrong forum,

I was in my work mates focus the other day, coming out of work car-park and noticed his car doesn't thud when going over a particular bump out of the carpark but yet mine does. He has exactly the same model and engine as mine including the same tyres running at the reccomended PSI..

His car has slighlty more miles than mine, his is around 60k mines around 50k. I've always thought my suspension was a bit stiff but thought that it was just how the car was. It's actually quite annoying when you hear the car creaking and thuding when going over relativley small inperfections on the road. I've adjusted the tyre pressures now so that they're running on 31 front and 33 rear that seems to have helped a little but I shouldnt have to run the front tyres at a lower PSI to remedy it. It's also hard to get the suspension to depress by pushing on the car.

Anyone else think there cars a bit stiff or is it just mine?

It's a 1.8 TDCI 2008 zetec climate. Standard allows, factory tyres..
artscot79
the zetec has the stiffer suspension i wouldnt say its too stiff but with the appaling roads round my way it can get annoying then you hit a decent bit of road and its a pleasure
alz
Hi, have a look at the front droplinks for damage, also check the lower arms for wear/movement.. may not be Stiff just worn

Full Colour Version: Stiff Front Suspension?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.