Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dab Radio Tuning
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
propw4sh
I can't find anything in the manual about DAB service on the radio (61 plate new-shape Focus Zetec). I have found and enabled the DAB service through the menu and I get the DAB Symbols and can receive DAB info on the stations.

My question is about search and tuning: If I search when in DAB mode it skips through the FM frequencies as normal. Surely there must be a menu list of digital stations instead of tuning? Or is that not how this DAB works?

Thanks for any advice - I'm a DAB newbie!!!
Wickwick10_1
Mate I had same issue and was gonna book it in but keep playing and it will work - its all about going on DAB stn and press right bottom button I think it is and eventually will find ? Any probs let me kno and will go through it on my car
propw4sh
Cheers dude - I'll have a play later.
tomo2001
Don't select the 'DAB link' option as this will switch between DAB and FM when the signal/coverage fluctuates. This gives more annoying drop outs then when you lose the digital signal alone.
salsheikh
i have purchased the Ford DAB stereo and have purchased the bits to make it fit and just need the time and some dry weather to do it now. fingers crossed i will get it sorted over the weekend.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='propw4sh' timestamp='1327389546' post='162903']
Cheers dude - I'll have a play later.
[/quote]
My DAB link very rarely goes to FM , go for the DAB as quality of sound alot better I find !
tomo2001
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1327440808' post='163065']
My DAB link very rarely goes to FM , go for the DAB as quality of sound alot better I find !
[/quote]

Prob depends where you are in the country and I guess over time coverage will improve
cuke
Hi, must as mine never goes to FM, although I rarely drive out of town these days. Went to Tun Wells the other day though and it held onto the station fine. Is DAB actually running at full strength because I thought it wasn't and maybe the signal varies from transmitter to transmitter, the same as digital TV?
Chris
propw4sh
All sorted and working fine, although not too many DAB stations up here in Inverness!!!
salsheikh
not picking up too many DAB stations here in the Midlands either.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='salsheikh' timestamp='1328040781' post='164171']
not picking up too many DAB stations here in the Midlands either.
[/quote]
I am in Birmingham and pick up loads ?

Full Colour Version: Dab Radio Tuning
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615