Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
allyr
I have just purchased a 1.6TDCI fiesta van on a 57 plate and have the following issues,

There is a noise coming from behind the passenger headlamp which sounds like a whining/whistling kettle noise. It can be heard when the car is idling, it appears to be coming from the part that i have taken a photo of, im not sure if this is part of the fuel line or what? any help or comments would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ally
Danny87
Bit of a crazy idea but inside your headlamps is an electric motor/actuator which is used to adjust the beam of the lights - if you're carrying a load in the back of the van you would aim them downwards slightly otherwise they could be dazzling other road users.

You probably know this already, but I would try getting somebody to move the switch with your lights on and listen closely at the headlamps to see if the noise is worse. It could be a faulty motor causing the strange noise you are describing.

That's about all I can think of that could be making the noise in this particular location. As I said crazy suggestion but you never know :)
allyr
Cheers for that, but the noise happens even with the lights off, no luck finding out what it is yet.

Full Colour Version: Help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.