Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator Replacement - 2005 Mondeo Tdci
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
My Mondeo Is Called Monty
Hi guys! I'm new on here and looking for some advice regarding the replacement of the alternator on my 2005 Mondeo. Just wondering if its do-able for a semi-competent gentleman and also whether its better to get it on ramps and go from the underside or whether to go in from above. All advice gratefully received. Dan
Mark r
Hi Dan just had mine done on my Focus 58 Plate and it was done from underneath, the garage that done the job is outside my door and if your car is like mine the air con and water pump is attached so it was a bit too much for me and was a 3-4 hour job or so he said.
My Mondeo Is Called Monty
Cheers Mark. Just out of interest, what did you pay? Was the alternator new/recon? Dan
stef123
I had the alternator off on my 2.2tdci 2006 just weeks ago when i replaced the crank pulley. its quite easy to get at from the wheel arch with the plastic cover removed. probably do able in about an hour

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.