Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Zetec Cylinder 1 Miss Fire
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
stevebrunn
Hi there
Have been informed by the the garage when plugged in to the ecu that it's fault is the cylinder 1 .
Have been told could be several permutations what sort of costs should I be looking for
btmaldon
I had a similar issue with the wifes SportKA. The garage are right in as far as there are so many things that cause it. I was lucky that my local Indy doesnt charge for looking. Especially as it took over a week to finally identify the problem.

Coil Pack and HT Leads are the favourite. Plugs, Lambda and injectors are probably next. If all the electrics check out, then it could be mechanical. Sticky valve, lasy valve spring, worn valve seal, air leak on intake system, catalyst, the list goes on.

If you change the coil pack or the Lambda, ensure you use a Ford Part. We found that the pattern parts dont communicate with the ECU properly. 3 other coil packs didnt work on ours and then an injector failed as well.

Good luck with it
stevebrunn
cheers thanks for the reply

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.