Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warning Light Comes On..
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Davidkent
Hey all.

Got a 56 1.8 TDCi focus here.
For some reason, after 140 ish miles the red cog ! Warning light comes on, more or less without fail and the car loses a touch Of power.

This distance is slowly becoming lesser and lesser distances and the car started a little lumpy this m
dezwez
you will need to have the codes read then post them here for help
Davidkent
This is half a duplicate, my
Davidkent
This is half a duplicate, my Other post says more my phone is being a penis, but that's next up
Preee
Do you have a DPF if so then start looking to trade it in unless you want to spend big bucks , because it sounds as if your car is going into Limp home mode.

How many Miles have you done
Does it have a DPF
If yes when was the Eloys topped up
Davidkent
It doesn't seem to go into limp mode, usually does it after 140 miles but was 30 miles today, switched off for 5 mins and back on and 100 miles on, no problem at all.

How can I find out whether or not a DPF is fitted?

It's very intermittent, we fitted a new fuel
Davidkent
It doesn't seem to go into limp mode, usually does it after 140 miles but was 30 miles today, switched off for 5 mins and back on and 100 miles on, no problem at all.

How can I find out whether or not a DPF is fitted?

It's very intermittent, we fitted a new fuel Pump last week (electronic one in tank) as it was fuel related when lower on fuel, one problem sorted and now this one,

Cheers
tomo2001
Isn't the 'red cog' the red snowflake symbol due to the cold temperatures ?? :wacko:
Davidkent
Nah glow plug system
Stoney871
Glow plugs or coil pack then?

Full Colour Version: Warning Light Comes On..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.