Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non Start Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
johnboy11
Hi ive a 04 c-max 1.6 tdci non start.Turn key ignition lights all come on immobiliser light starts flashing and it says engine system fault.Wont let me in with a scanner checked all fuses .Any ideas?.Thanks for any help
cdk6468
Hi,

This sounds like an identical problem I had twice with my 2004 1.6 TDCI and it turned out to be a wiring problem with the loom which went into the ECU, (thats what the garage told and charged me for ) and its been fine ever since. Also with mine, it was after it had not been touched or started for a period of two weeks or more and they said water had got into the wiring. Don't know if this is any help but good luck.
kaz
Hi
The symptoms sound exactly like my own experience with a c-max last year - flashing lights etc.

Diagnosed by the AA as the alternator (charges the battery)

If yours is an automatic you may also want to check out the forum on www.honestjohn.co.uk regarding C-Max premature transmission/gearbox failures as the alternator was the just the start of a nightmare when it came to my own c-max!!

Full Colour Version: Non Start Help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.