Hi all

Owned the car for about 2 years now and its been a love hate relationship, there is somthing not quite right but no garage as of yet has managed to sort it. Which is a shame as when its behaving its a great car and its only done 50k miles :(

The car has been checked loads of times but never shows any errors, even had an update from ford which has seemingly made no difference at all.

Its recently had a full service with plugs, fluids, filters including fuel filter.

In no particular order:
[list=1]
[*]The car has a problem with cutting out, usually when you 1st start it, will run for maybe 15 - 20 seconds then the accellerator becomes unresponsive and the car just slows down and cuts out. Once restarted its then fine for the rest of the journey.
[*]Fuel consumption seems to be rather low considering the car, on a decent motorway run sat at a constant 70mph it struggles to make even 45 mpg, now im not expecting massive MPG but compared to older less efficient TDI cars I have owned this is low.
[*]Battery seems to discharge rather quickly, its now on its 3rd brand new battery and 3 months ago had a new alternator due to the previous one burning out. If you leave the car for a week then it struggles to start. I noticed when locking the car that the green display on the dash remains on constantly, is this normal?
[*]The car has been parked up in our garage for 2 weeks while we were on holiday aside from the problems mentioned above it was running fine, engine pulled hard no issues. Upon jump starting the car (due to a flat battery) straight away the turbo now makes a loud high pitched whine and slight lack of performance.
[/list]
Car was in the garage yesterday to be diagnosed and came back with a report of no split hoses or boost leaks and suspected turbo failure.

Now I have had turbo cars in the past both petrol performance ones and TDi ones and have had turbos fail, but never after being parked up and not driven for 2 weeks. Just seems rather strange to me?? Yes its been very cold, but surely that cant be a problem??

Any help and suggestions would be great, dont want to have to sell the car but this is starting to get rather soul destroying :(