Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Labour Charges For A 1.6 Zetec Clutch
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
alex801
hi.
noticed the clutch on my 2000 registered ford focus 1.6 zetec has a high biting point
going to have it replaced as a precaution, its not slipping yet but i dont want it to get
to that point, my question is does anyone one no how many hours labour the job is?
not going to a dealership just be one of the local small garages nearby but dont want
ripping off
artscot79
i had the 1.8 done at ford for 200 ish that was clutch pressure plate and slave cylinder labour and vat.

make sure you get a clutch kit fitted and not just the clutch itself
stef123
on the mk1 1.6 its not that a big job. I was just about to do mine and was allowing about 4 or 5 hours. According to the local clutch man, he could do it on the drive in 2 or 3 hours.
alex801
thanks thats not so bad, iv got a old school freind whos a mechanic. he done a vectra gsi clutch for me in his garage
( garage at the the side of his house) not a working car garage. he done it as a guvy over the weekend. might try and catch him. not seen the lad for a few year tho

and 2-3 hours? guess that would come in at about £100 from a litte garage charging £30-35 an hour labour

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.