Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's This Underneath My Driver Seat?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
tlogic
Hi

Whilst hoovering my car this morning I came across this (see pic below) underneath the drivers seat. Anyone know what this is, it says 'R S ' at the top. My car is a 08 Titanium model 1.6 hatchback.

Thanks
salsheikh
i think its a heating vent
tlogic
[quote name='salsheikh' timestamp='1328969713' post='166046']
i think its a heating vent
[/quote] think you have cracked it, thanks :)
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Yep, heating /aircon to rear passengers. Put the blower on and feel the air from the vent.[/font][/size][/color]
Preee
+1 yes heater vent
Chucky
Yep! It's a heater.
PaulB1803
Ah, i'd wondered what that was too. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
Stoney871
One thing i do know about that vent is that it is very good at ripping finger nails off if you forget they're there when fishing around under the seat looking for something you dropped.
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Thanks for the warning, it's the sort of thing that I am alway doing.[/font][/size][/color]
Stoney871
[quote name='ndsussex' timestamp='1329084916' post='166332']
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Thanks for the warning, it's the sort of thing that I am alway doing.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
I did it twice in one day, says a lot about me i suppose.. :blink:
Pitmonster
My first thought was that it looks like the exhaust of a Rolls-Royce Merlin (Spitfire) engine.
For something that's hidden under a seat, it looks like someone's taken a lot of trouble on the styling.
johnH
yeah defo heaters for rear passengers, as you said it says RS. if you look at other it will say LS

i gathered:

RS - Right Side
LS - Left Side

feels weird saying that im used to offside and nearside lol

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615