Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 08 Fiesta Damaged Wheel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
RS555
Hi all my mot is due tomorrow and so was just checking out my car when I noticed that the front left wheel seems to be buckled :( I've only had it 4 months :angry: will it pass? and also is it repairable?

Thanks

Dec.
btmaldon
That shouldn't effect the MOT. Are you getting any vibration through the car or steering wheel at all? If not the balancing must still be OK as well. As its on the inside of the wheel, out of site, and if no problems, I wouldn't worry about it.
rojariggs
[quote name='btmaldon' timestamp='1329318863' post='166812']
That shouldn't effect the MOT. Are you getting any vibration through the car or steering wheel at all? If not the balancing must still be OK as well. As its on the inside of the wheel, out of site, and if no problems, I wouldn't worry about it.
[/quote]
Also worth checking your pressures to make sure it is holding air OK. Other than that, I agree with every thing that btmaldon has said.
RS555
Hi thanks for your replies it passed no problem, it's holding air fine and no vibration that i've noticed. Further to that i've managed to improve it by heating it up and hitting it down with a mallet :P
Bigdaddycain
Result! It might be an idea to keep an eye on that tyre though, it looks like the wheel has had a fight with a pothole and lost :huh: The tyre may look ok on the surface, but please don't rule out the chance of damage under the surface... I think i'd be tempted to replace the tyre just in case, maybe use that tyre as the dedicated spare (unless you have a spacesaver)

Full Colour Version: 08 Fiesta Damaged Wheel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.