Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Alarm Going Off With Non Remote Key?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Envyus
Hi I am having an issue with my 58 plate Focus.
Basically the car was supplied with 2 keys, 1 remote key and 1 non remote key.
Whenever I use the non remote key to unlock the car the alarm sounds and will do so until I put the key in the ignition and turn it so the dash lights display.
Any suggestions as to why it might happen?

Thanks.
Stoney871
That happens on my MK2 as well.
It's just a security measure as the remote key has to interact with the car electronics so as to carry out remote unlocking whereas a passive key has only manually unlocked the door and does not electronically interact until the PATS detects the transponder chip.
It stops anyone just getting a copy of your key blade and being able to enter your car without your knowledge.
It will happen anytime you manually unlock the doors even if it's the remote key.
I had the alarm going off the first day i had my car - the remote battery was dead and i needed to fuel up, locked car at forecourt to pay for fuel and when finished unlocked car and because i was not fast enough putting the key in the ignition the alarm activated.
Took me a few seconds to figure out what was happening.
Envyus
Thanks for the reply buddy!
I guess I am going to have to fork out for another remote key then :S.
Stoney871
May i suggest a key from here-

[url="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/warehouse-diagnostics"]http://myworld.ebay....use-diagnostics[/url]

As you're in barnstaple try this guy.
07946375970 (Gary)
He's in Plymouth but may well travel to you or give you details of someone closer to you.
He did my key and is excellent.
Envyus
Brilliant I'll give him a call thanks alot.
Stoney871
You're welcome.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.