Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tdci Won't Start!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
reppiz
No warning lights are up but I've just put my key in, instrument panel fine, turn to the second ignition position and nothing car just chugs once and dies, so no turning over.. Steering stiff last night for a moment, turbo died last week..I'm not having much luck :o
dezwez
sould like a duff battery to me
reppiz
[quote name='dezwez' timestamp='1329598659' post='167502']
[/quote]
I hope you're right mate, its been one thing after the other. Just before the turbo died it was making this strange kind of hairdryer sound and I've only just got it back and can hear it still doing it a bit around 2,000 revs..Aargh!!!
reppiz
[quote name='dezwez' timestamp='1329598659' post='167502']
[/quote]
Alternator was dead according to the A chap, so the battery wouldn't charge :angry:
Bigdaddycain
Im a bit surprised the battery light on the dash wasn't glowing if the alt had dies, they rearely fail just like that, and usually fail gradually... If the car has been off the road for a while it's not that surprising to hear the battery wasn't 100%. Sorry to hear you've had a few problems with the motor... They say bad luck comes in 3's... Turbo, then steering, now the alternator, that's all 3 things, so she should be good to go now!

Full Colour Version: Tdci Won't Start!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615