Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Driving Songs?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Boydo15
Its late at night, roads are empty, you're behind the wheel of your favourite car. What song is on the radio?
Stoney871
Radar love by golden earring.
Absolute classic.
fordieashx
Just drive by Alistair Griffin. Gives me goosebumps everytime!
You might recognize it from the end of the 2010 season of Formula 1 :)
SEP555
That is a great one isn't it!

At the moment it's these, its from the 2011 film Drive. It's great film with 3 modern 80s style synth songs

College - A real Hero
Desire - Under your spell
Kavinsky & Lovefoxx - Nightcall
Danny87
I listen to Tupac and that's what's on most of the time haha. If I'm not in the mood for my usual rap music, I listen to Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, The Who and anything in between! Quite a varied taste but in music it's good to listen to anything and everything.
jeebowhite
Jeff starship - we built this city or blue oyster cult - dont fear the reaper (very apt on some roads I know! lol)
Stoney871
This week mostly i have been listening to Plan B.
ukphillad
I personally find fast songs that have a constant beat and also a nice bass that can test the subwoofers capabilities will do the job. Just to name a few, the killers, snow patrol , dj tiesto(his older stuff) and jay z.
falcorob
This is the thing - Fink
Kashmir - Led Zep
Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz
One of these days - Pink Floyd
Motorhead - Motorhead
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Club Foot - Kasabian
Hometown Glory - Adele
What it Takes - Aerosmith
La Femme D'Argent - Air
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz

Just a few. Should get you a few miles. :)
Shifty
Depending on mood........

Motorhead - Line in the sand
Thrillseekers - Syaesthesia
Eric Clapton - Layla
Chicane - Leaving town
Binary Finary - 1999
Example - changed the way you kiss me

I listen to anything really other than drum and bass tbh.
Stoney871
[quote name='Shifty' timestamp='1330857437' post='170454']

I listen to anything really other than drum and bass tbh.
[/quote]
Too flaming right.
Nothing worse than pulling up at lights and just hearing THUD THUD THUD!
Drives me loopy. :(
Shifty
Totally agree mate, there's a name for these people at the lights with the music blairing, it rhymes with "shunts" :D
Stoney871
Bankers ;)
jeebowhite
I hate it when your neighbour either sits on the street in their car, with the music like that, or they turn their stereo up as loud as it can go in their house, and you have to listen to their cack!

Shame that there arent rules about music taste and the maximum db level it can reach... most music would be fortunate enough to reach 1db if its lucky!
gregers
hotel california eagles
whole of the moon waterboys
bat out of hell/paradise by the dash board lights meatloaf
we come 1/god is a dj/insomnia faithless
tublar bells mike oldfield

the list can grow and grow.
pragmatix
Crime of the Centuary supertramp
The humming chorus from Madame Butterfly
My little town,Art Garfunkal
flickthefiesta
Avicci - Levels, full blast, need the will to keep awake driving up and down the Dales!
jeebowhite
Oh how I love that Avicii music vid! lol, and its not too bad how Taio has mixed it either!
Bigdaddycain
I certainly wouldn't advise playing Plan B's "recluse" loud when on the M6... It magically makes your right foot inch further and further down, right up to the point you notice the Police X5 in the rear view struggling to match your pace... :(

My first ever 3 points.... :blink:
Bigdaddycain
[quote name='Danny87' timestamp='1330128899' post='168729']
I listen to Tupac and that's what's on most of the time haha. If I'm not in the mood for my usual rap music, I listen to Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, The Who and anything in between! Quite a varied taste but in music it's good to listen to anything and everything.
[/quote]

I quite recently discovered the remix of Tupac's "My block"... Dare i say it, it's even better than "i aint mad at cha" and even better than "dear mama" (and that's saying something!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE1FqiDFDbA
Stoney871
[quote name='Bigdaddycain' timestamp='1331853351' post='172808']
I certainly wouldn't advise playing Plan B's "recluse" loud when on the M6... It magically makes your right foot inch further and further down, right up to the point you notice the Police X5 in the rear view struggling to match your pace... :(

My first ever 3 points.... :blink:
[/quote]

Tilt, truly sorry to hear that mate. :blink:
May i suggest something more soothing is in order? Maybe Adele or suchlike? ;)
Bigdaddycain
The muppet song! I certainly felt like one when i got my collar felt! :wacko:
Stoney871
Must admit even though i'm supposed to be a paragon of virtue i still get a bit spirited at times.
Probably a good job i carry my issue radio at all times (beauty of being an on-call first response handler) so i know where all the speed traps are hidden. ;)

I mean, AHEM, Er, I do not condone speeding at any time, never any reason to do so. AHEM. <_<
Danny87
Cool stuff another Tupac fan! I really love some of the newer remixed stuff because people are keeping him alive. I would say some of my favourite tracks are "Life Goes On" and "Unconditional Love" because they show a deeper side to what a lot of people would regard as 'mindless rap' lol.

Dan :D
dodgy-alan
Autobahn - Kraftwerk !, Because the Night - Patti Smith, Thunder Road - Springsteen, Jessica - The Allman Brothers (for obvious reasons) Bat out of Hell - Meat Loaf, Dead ringer - Meat Loaf, Born to run - Springsteen, Greased Lightning - Grease soundtrack, Timewarp - The Rocky Horror picture show !
Boydo15
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1331854603' post='172816']
Must admit even though i'm supposed to be a paragon of virtue i still get a bit spirited at times.
Probably a good job i carry my issue radio at all times (beauty of being an on-call first response handler) so i know where all the speed traps are hidden. ;)

I mean, AHEM, Er, I do not condone speeding at any time, never any reason to do so. AHEM. <_<
[/quote]

Ah now this made me laugh a lot!
dodgy-alan
I have an album called Space and beyond, Its a lot of the theme music from some of the great Sci fi films, but it also has lots of sound effects on it. one of them is the USS Enterprise going to warp speed. It takes a good 40 seconds to build up as you hear the power building to blast the ship away, itends with an almighty shriek as she goes to warp, this sequence played through the cars stereo is superb..and downright lethal on the motorway as you cant help but put your foot down as the power builds up ! I,ve never yet gone to warp speed but had a bloody good go a few times ! (I wont repeat the speed i hit in one car i did this in but needless to say it was somewhat faster than i had intended !)
Sharna
[font=georgia, serif][size=5]dubstep of course! [/size][/font]
Stoney871
Today I have been mostly listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall.
Just seems the perfect day for it.
Lenny
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Here is my list from the MP3 in the car . lots of various styles on their [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Motorcycle-As the rush comes[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]4 Strings – Take me away [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Paul Van Dyk – Another Way [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Paul Van Dyk – The Riddle [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Rank 1 – Airwave [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Sonique – Sky[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Mystical ft. Pharrell – Shake your ass[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Basement Jaxx – Good Luck [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Bruce Springsteen – Dancing in the Dark [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Bryan Adams – Run to you [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Chemical Brothers – Star Guitar [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]David Guetta ft. Akon – Sexy ***** [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Delirium – Silence [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]DJ Encore Ft. Engelina – I see right through to you [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Tiesto – 10 seconds before sunrise [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Tiesto – In the Dark [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]The Doors – Break On Through [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Dune – Hardcore Vibes [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Dune – Who wants to live forever [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Electric Six – High Voltage [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Elton John – Tiny Dancer [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Eurythmics – Here comes the Rain [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Fatboy Slim – Gangster Tripping[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Franz Ferdinand – Take me out [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Garbage – Push It [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]The Killers – Believe me Natalie [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]The Killers – Midnight Show [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]The Killers – When you were Young [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]The Killers – For reasons Unknown [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Kings of Leon – Knocked Up [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Kings of Leon – On Call [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Kings of Leon – Ragoo [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Kings of Leon – Sex on Fire [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Mint Royale – Singin in the Rain [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Moby – extreme ways [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Moby – Honey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Muse – Starlight [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Muse – Knights of Cydonia [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Norman Bass – No Good 2002 (DJ Wilson Remix) [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]N-Trance – Hold Me forever [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]The Prodigy – Out of Space [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]The Prodigy – S-max my bitch up [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Red Hot Chilli peppers – Dosed [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Can’t Stop [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Robert Miles – Children [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Robert Miles – Fable (Dream Version) [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Rod Stewart – This [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Rod Stewart – Downtown train [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Sash – Rain Drops [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Sash – La Primavera [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Sash – Adelante [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Sash – Move Mania [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Scooter – Waiting for spring [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Scooter – The Hardcore Massive [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Scooter – Trance Atlantic [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Scooter – J’adore Hardcore [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Snoop Dog – Drop it like its hot [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Snow Patrol – Open your eyes [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]U2 – New Years Day [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]U2 – with or without you [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]U2 – mysterious ways [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]U2 – Miracle Drug [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]U2 – City of Blinding lights [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]U2 – Magnificent [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]U2 – No line on the horizon [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]U2 – Get on your boots [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Ultra Beat – Sure feels good [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Ultra Beat – Better than Life [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Ultra Beat – I wanna touch you [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Ultra Sonic – Check your head [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Ultra Sonic – Obsession [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Ultra Sonic – awesome [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Chicane – Salt water [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Chicane ft. Tom Jones – stoned in love[/color][/size][/font]
Stoney871
Good mix, I see you snuck a cheeky car reference in there or was that a typo?
I've got Goyte on at present just for a switch.
The track "somebody that I used to know" is cracking.
It has touches of (rather aptly) Police to it.
Even the dogs love it.
Lenny
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1332162919' post='173356']
Good mix, I see you snuck a cheeky car reference in there or was that a typo?
I've got Goyte on at present just for a switch.
The track "somebody that I used to know" is cracking.
It has touches of (rather aptly) Police to it.
Even the dogs love it.
[/quote]

snuck the reference in their mate, just too see if anyone actually read my list lol
thats a good track too mate, and ''even the dogs love it'' lol
Stoney871
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1332163916' post='173361']
''even the dogs love it'' lol
[/quote]
They let me know if they're happy alright, it's usually a cold nose in my ear while I'm trying to drive.
My collar gets covered with dog snot and slobber.
Bless them (the little scamps) :P
Big Dai
I'd slam a bit of Alt.Rock on and jobs a good en' :lol: ;)

Full Colour Version: Best Driving Songs?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.