Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 Tdci Odd Glow Plug Lamp Problem....
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
mcbutler
Well, after having this car one month and learning a lot I am currently left with only one (yes one) problem which is this;

After a fast run on the hi-way, 70mph plus for some distance (4 - 5 miles) I am then getting a glow plug lamp shortly after taking my foot from the throttle whilst the car is coasting in gear! It also goes into limp mode but some times dies altogether.

Any ideas anyone ??
rojariggs
On most diesels the glow plug light also acts as a general ECU/Engine Management warning light. It's most likely a sensor or a clogged filter but you will need to get the fault code read to know what is wrong.
swhite87
had the same problem on my focus, turned out to be the throttle sensor on the pedal was worn, changed it and no problems since. apparently this is a common fault with the tddi so might be the same on yours

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615