Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fusion Auto Box Help...
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
Tudor...
Hi all, a quick first post hello before I start!

I have recently bough an 07' accident damaged fusion to repair for my dads girlfriend, all is going well, except the gearbox...

It has had a frontal nearside corner impact, all structural parts straightened and replaced, no probs there, but, also in that corner is the pump and ECU for the gearbox. The fluid inlet to the pump had broke off due to the impact, but I have repaired it and very well too, but, I need to know how to bleed the system, as I have had all the pump in pieces and the whole thing is empty. The symptoms now are, if you put it in gear, with my foot hard on the brake, it waits a few seconds, then tries to set off, then relaxes for a few seconds, and repeats this sequence. I can only presume it needs bleeding, as that makes sense, and there is a bleed nipple just next to where the output from the pump goes into the box, does anyone know the procedure?

Many thanks, Tudor...
Dan62
Best way is to use a vacuum pump on the bleed nipple and suck the fluid through.

Full Colour Version: Fusion Auto Box Help...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.