Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Same Old Mondeo Tdci Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
ossyosborne
Evening All.
I know it's an age old topic but I have a 2006 TDCI 130bhp and I'm just about to rip my hair out or at least set fire to the Mondy'', I've changed the air filter, oil filter put in Castrol Magnatec, fitted a new Ford EGR valve & hose and still the chuffer is smoking like a dragon with a chest complaint on acceleration, just wondered without changing the injectors if anyone has any other ideas as to the cure or whether any Ford mechanics are aware that Ford are aware of the issue and have covertly found a fix.
Thanks so kindly for looking and hoping for some useful replies.
stef123
first thing that springs to my mind, MAF sensor?
Z3 MON
When you changed the egr valve was the old one badly clogged up?
ossyosborne
Evening Gents, never gave it a thought about the MAF sensor. When I changed the EGR valve it was a bit cloggy but seen worse on some pic's just thought it might have been that, took the inlet manifold of and cleaned it out for good measure at the same time as the EGR valve but again, I've seen worse, also, while I was changing the EGR I changed the jubilee clips too as I wondered if there was an air leak past the clip...

Full Colour Version: Same Old Mondeo Tdci Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.