Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Groaning Brakes
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Jeremyflame
I've noticed that when parking or manoeuvring at low speed that my brakes make a groaning noise. Please could you let me know if this is normal or if I should get it checked out immediately.

Thanks,
Jeremy
mcbutler
Is your car an automatic transmission model?

It is normal for this to happen when manouvering slowly, especially in auto cars.

My mercedes does it as well.

If you are worried, look for a free brake check offer at a local tyre depot.
Jeremyflame
My car is manual. Thanks for your advice. I didn't know you could get free brake checks. Would you recommend anyone in particular? There is a Halfords Autocentre near me.

Thanks,
Jeremy
jeebowhite
Hi Jeremy,

Most HiQ centres do these checks, along with Kwik Fit, and similar - try any tyre fitter, for the sake of a 30 second phonecall you can get some good info!
Jeremyflame
Thanks,
Jeremy

Full Colour Version: Groaning Brakes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615