Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo 2008. Cam - Belt Or Chain
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Whitters
I've just become a pround owner of 2008 Mondeo. Can someone tell me if the Cam is a belt or chain and how often it has to be changed.

Thanks
Z3 MON
Hi,

Is it a diesel or petrol.

If diesel it has a chain and should be changed at 150,000 along with the turbo.

If its a belt i usually go with 80-100,000

Dave
Whitters
Thanks Dave,

Fortunately enough its a diesel. It's long way off doing 150,000 miles. I hope I have may years of low cost motoring before then.

Phil
mintalkin
the mk 4 mondeo tdci went back to using a belt, ford recomend 10 years or 125,000 miles unless its an automatic and then its half that, would i personally leave it that long? no it seams a long time for a belt to last.
Z3 MON
OMG they went back to a belt..... why on earth would they go backwards....
mintalkin
when was the last time anybody made money from a broken chain ;)
pragmatix
[quote name='Z3 MON' timestamp='1330881117' post='170556']
OMG they went back to a belt..... why on earth would they go backwards....
[/quote]

Economics belts are cheaper than chains, a few pence saved at point of manufacture saves thousands nae millions over the production run, got to keep the accountants sweet, sod the customer
Z3 MON
Bastards

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615