Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Ford Focus Owner And Member :-)
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
neilcartledge
Got my Ford Focus 1.8 TDDi Zetec on thursday :-)

103k on the clock but it is a diesel so not worried.

No service history or manual so its getting a new cambelt on monday and a service next

A few questions to throw out to the 'experts' on the forum to kick off :-)

1. The garage guy told me to expect around 40-50 mpg round city and around 70 mpg on motorways and a roads, however i put £15 on thursday and did a long 80 mile round trip on mostly a roads and some round town driving yet the needle went right down to the bottom after 120 miles :-( i've estimated this at 60-65mpg on the a roads and less than 39mpg round town, bit disappointed to be honest, any ideas why this is? and will it improve in the future? will a cambelt change and service improve this?

2. cigarette lighter does'nt work , don't smoke so not bothered about that but need it for my sat nav. could it be a fuse? or do i need to sandpaper the joints? if it is a fuse where in the fuse box is it?

3. is there a trip computer on these models? if so where and how can can i find it

4. can i get an online manual? as car did'nt come with manual

Thanks guys , looking forward to many years of happy focus motoring and many helpful hints off all of you

Neil
dezwez
[color="#0000FF"][size="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Hi welcome[/font][/size][/color] :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.