Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Streetka Intermittent Misfire?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Emme
Hi all,

I have a Streetka 03 plate lx 1.4 i think.

I am selling soon as I have a Zetec S on the way from Motability. I have been going through the documents to get everything ready and the last MOT lists an advisory as Intermittent Misfire - needs investigation.

Anybody have any clues on what this is and a guestimate on how much to fix before sale?

Thanks,

Em x
Stoney871
When was the car last serviced?
It could be the fuel filter, air filter, plugs, HT leads or ignition coil.
Sometimes HT leads can break down under load and cause a weak or intermittent supply to the plugs.
Obviously you want to sort it out as quickly and cheaply as possible, but a trip to a decent garage may be on the cards.
I always reckon the best way to choose a garage is by word of mouth, nobody sensible would recommend a crap one.
Emme
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1331089100' post='171065']
When was the car last serviced?
It could be the fuel filter, air filter, plugs, HT leads or ignition coil.
Sometimes HT leads can break down under load and cause a weak or intermittent supply to the plugs.
Obviously you want to sort it out as quickly and cheaply as possible, but a trip to a decent garage may be on the cards.
I always reckon the best way to choose a garage is by word of mouth, nobody sensible would recommend a crap one.
[/quote]

It is due a service in May, I know a good garage and will take it in. Hope is a cheap bill or may have to trade in for rubish price!

Thanks Clive

Em x
Stoney871
You're welcome as always.
Sometimes a simple service can work wonders. :)
Emme
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1331089522' post='171068']
You're welcome as always.
Sometimes a simple service can work wonders. :)
[/quote]

Fingers Crossed!

Full Colour Version: Streetka Intermittent Misfire?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.