Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bonnet Trim Carbon Wrapped
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
salsheikh
Guys, I finally got round to wrapping my chrome bonnet trim with gloss carbon fibre off ebay, from this seller: [url="http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Carbon-Fibre-Design/_i.html?_sid=68750831&_sop=2&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14"]http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Carbon-Fibre-Design/_i.html?_sid=68750831&_sop=2&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14[/url]

I took the trim off using the guide on here and prepped it by cleaning, sanding and warming the trim up. I then warmed up the wrap and applied it so the whole trim (front and back) was covered by one piece. then i fixed it in place using double sided sticky tape (extra strong type) after cleaning up and warming the area before applying the trim.

so, whaddya thinks?
Preee
Saleem , very well done looks great , nice job :)
salsheikh
thanks Paul, the carbon film I usd is ok but could have been better. You cant stretch it at all and is too thick in my opinion but as it was a trial and error jo I wasnt too fussed and it came out ok thankfully. I needed to do something to do on a wet Sunday afternoon!
Lenny
That looks excellent Saleem,
are you willing to travel over and do mine too mate, im very interested in this one too. B)
salsheikh
ha ha Lenny, it was very easy to do and took less than an hour. I'd do it for you if you fit my boost pod lol!
Lenny
[quote name='salsheikh' timestamp='1331235083' post='171474']
ha ha Lenny, it was very easy to do and took less than an hour. I'd do it for you if you fit my boost pod lol!
[/quote]

Deal :lol:
TDCiST
Looks great!!

I'm still tempted to do mine! Not sure if my bonnet lip will survive another removal and refit lol!!

Glad u found the guide useful!

salsheikh
Do it Dave, new sticky strips will hold it down fine. Thanks for the guide, came in very handy.
Bigdaddycain
Looks great! B)
salsheikh
thanks BigDaddyCain

Full Colour Version: Bonnet Trim Carbon Wrapped
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.