Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Day One Of Ownership - Hope It's Not A Sign Of Things To Come
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
fintious maximus
Picked my Mondeo up at 12 and at 12.15 rear calipers seized. Dealer has ordered new ones and hopefully being fitted tomorrow.... Hopefully just bad luck that won't be followed by more of it....
pragmatix
Its a common fault I had that when I bought mine seems they dont like not being used, saw it on about five cars I looked at
btmaldon
Its suprising how long these trade cars are left standing and the problems this causes for new owners with things siezing or sticking.

I had to replace the front discs on the SportKA although they were quite new because they had corroded on the inside, causing the brakes to grind every time they were used. Even after several thousand miles they were still grinding away so had to change them in the end.
fintious maximus
Also noticed that the n/s/r door won't lock unless you press the lock switch on that door. Guesing it's just an actuator that needs replacing?
fintious maximus
Well, got the car today and took it for a good run and am well chuffed with it. Needed new cables and a caliper.
Preee
Glad you got it fixed quickly
Lenny
[quote name='fintious maximus' timestamp='1331364209' post='171767']
Also noticed that the n/s/r door won't lock unless you press the lock switch on that door. Guesing it's just an actuator that needs replacing?
[/quote]

spot on mate, its an actuator, you shuld be able to pick up one from a breakers on ebay for less than £30
fintious maximus
Also need to replace a couple of dash bulbs - the ones that light up heater dials - anyone know what size/code to look for?
Lenny
[quote name='fintious maximus' timestamp='1331452859' post='171971']
Also need to replace a couple of dash bulbs - the ones that light up heater dials - anyone know what size/code to look for?
[/quote]

the dash bulbs are T5 286
im not sure what colour your after mate, the most recent fords are red so ive added a link below to a sale of 10 on ebay but all colours are available, however the shade may be different so if i was you id change the lot while i was their.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-286-LED-Xenon-RED-T5-Dashboard-instrument-bulbs-/360397202131?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e958e2d3"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item53e958e2d3[/url]

while your on their mate, this seller may be able to give you a good deal on a rear accuater for the central locking.
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREAKING-MK3-FORD-MONDEO-04-2-0L-ESTATE-TDCI-LX-SPARE-PARTS-/280824635631?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416273e0ef"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREAKING-MK3-FORD-MONDEO-04-2-0L-ESTATE-TDCI-LX-SPARE-PARTS-/280824635631?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416273e0ef[/url]
kevin lancelott
Wont it be clear bulbs but the fascia will make them shine green.I think ford's lit up green before they changed to red on the newer models.
Lenny
[quote name='kevin lancelott' timestamp='1331461288' post='171990']
Wont it be clear bulbs but the fascia will make them shine green.I think ford's lit up green before they changed to red on the newer models.
[/quote]

perhaps the older models took clear bulbs and the icons had tinted film in them,
but the more recent models like the 2005 focus onwards,
they are coloured bulbs.
fintious maximus
Thanks for the info and Lenny for the links. Is the 2001 Mondeo different to the 2004? Seen some parts listed for 01 - 03 models?
Lenny
[quote name='fintious maximus' timestamp='1331490900' post='172071']
Thanks for the info and Lenny for the links. Is the 2001 Mondeo different to the 2004? Seen some parts listed for 01 - 03 models?
[/quote]

they should be similar enough mate,
ford generay make each model last 6 years and just change the apperance after 3 years if you understand me,
so 2001-2003 would be the mk3 and the 2003-2006 mk3.5

just like the mk2 focus 2005 is identical chassie and parts to the 2010 model and the haynes manual is the same for both, just the interior and cosmetic detail is different.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615