Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ffitting Jack Under Space Saver Wheel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
irl-06lx
hi all, got my first puncture in the focus a while back.

all was fine but i can't seem to get the jack back under the spare wheel (space saver) enough so the wheel sits flat on the bottom.

without the jack its all fine and the boot base/carpet is solid. but if i put the jack under it, one bit of the wheel sits up a bit and you can push it down, hence its not solid or level.

could any one take a photo or explain how its meant to go?!
eddiestopa
it's because you need to adjust the jack enough so it fits under the spare wheel..the jack ought to be in a nice diamond shape..trial and error till you get a perfect fit.
artscot79
trial and error rather annoying i know but it gets easier
irl-06lx
ah so it shouldn't be down all the way... makes sense now!
artscot79
no its got to be up enough to fit inside the tyre too much it wont fit too little the support screw wont go in.i cut a piece of thick rubber and taped it heavily top and bottom of the jack so its taught at the correct gap for it to fit in the wheel so i didnt have to make several attempts
salsheikh
there are is an arrow and a dot on the jack and you have to wind it down enough so the two points meet? i know i had to do this recently.
Lenny
i just spotted this thread now,
ill take a picture in daylight tomorrow and upload it on here for you mate,
i have a full size spare, but the configuration of the jack is the same as yours.
artscot79
you must be jolking theres arrows? ah to hell with it i never use it anyway lol
irl-06lx
forgot to post up that i got it. just wond it out a bit and fitted first time! thanks for all the help
salsheikh
[quote name='salsheikh' timestamp='1331406059' post='171906']
there are is an arrow and a dot on the jack and you have to wind it down enough so the two points meet? i know i had to do this recently.
[/quote]

[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1331453829' post='171972']
you must be jolking theres arrows? ah to hell with it i never use it anyway lol
[/quote]

as mentioned earlier, here's a photo's of what i meant.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615